Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) established in 2011 and sponsored by AICTE with grant of Rs. 8 lakhs.Every year we organize various skill development programs sponsored by AICTE, DST and MSME (Govt. of India).Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) recognized as project Institute of National Scheme for Entrepreneurship Development in 2016 and funded by NSTEDB with grant of Rs. 9.2 lakhs.
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (Government of Tamilnadu) has recognized FXEDC as spoke college for disseminating entrepreneurial education among the students under the mission of Innovative EnEvery year EDC organizing various skill development programs sponsored by AICTE, DST and MSME (Govt. of India)
To transform the students into ambitious and efficient entrepreneurs who can build a vibrant and sustainable national economy through engaging Micro, Small and medium scale enterprises across the country.
- To inculcate the Entrepreneurial culture among the students and society.
- To act as an institutional mechanism through conducting awareness programme, and providing information on entrepreneurship to students and local community.
- To spread entrepreneurship, through education, research and training, thus accelerating economic growth, by increasing the supply of new entrepreneurs and strengthen performance of the existing ones.
- To organize skills development programmes that increase capacity building to own and run a business.
- To catalyse and promote Science and Technical knowledge-based enterprises and generate employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To identify possible resource based projects in the region and to respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CELL
- To Create awareness on Entrepreneurship among the students through training programmes and camps
- To facilitate budding entrepreneurs by providing information on entrepreneurial opportunities
- To assist entrepreneurs in product development, Market Survey, Preparation of Project Reports and Assist them in getting Technical feasibility Reports
- To help entrepreneurs to acquire necessary managerial skills to run the industry effectively
- EDC has signed MOU with Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gujarat for offering Diploma in Entrepreneurship (Government of India).
- EDC got selected as spoke college for disseminating Entrepreneurial Education among students under Innovative Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (IEDP) of EDI, Chennai (Government of Tamilnadu)
- EDC got selected as Project institute to offer entrepreneurial education among students under National Scheme for Entrepreneurship Development of National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD)