COLLEGE ACADEMIC COMMITTEE
The college shall have a duly constituted College Academic Committee (CAC) as prescribed in the Regulations to formulate long term and short-term development programmes for the college to achieve academic excellence in tune with the policies of the University. The colleges shall have a duly constituted grievances Redress Committee and Malpractice prevention committee as prescribed in regulations .
The College Academic Committee (CAC) shall have a minimum of seven members, including the Chairman. All other members will be nominated by the Chairman. The constitution of the CAC will be as follows:
Principal of the College – Chairman
All Heads of the departments
Two other senior faculty members of the college
Officer In-Charge of Academic/Examination Section
The College Academic Committee meetings shall be convened frequently, not less than four times a year and the interval between two consecutive meetings should not be more than three months.
- To review the academic and other related activities of the college
- To review the students and faculty development programmes
- To visualize and formulate perspective plans for the development and growth of the college
- To formulate Master Plan for campus development, facilitating implementation of the provision of the perspective plan
- To draw new schemes of development for the college
- To plan for resource mobilization through industry interaction, consultancy and extra-mural funding
- To promote research and extension activities in the college campus
- To promote teaching innovations and student placement programmes
- To plan for sustaining the quality of education, quality improvement and accreditation of the college
- To recommend schemes to promote participation of academic departments in community development activities in the region
- To consider such other activities for furtherance of academic excellence
- To review students attendance /malpractices in examinations.
- To oversee the internal examinations/ evaluation/ recording