The Francis Xavier Engineering College (FXEC) came into being in the year 2000. This college is a Christian minority institution run by St.Xavier’s Educational Trust with the vision of empowering the budding engineers with technical and entrepreneurial skill enabling them to contribute to the socio-economic augmentation of the nation. The college is located in a beautiful campus at Vannarpettai, the heart of Tirunelveli town exactly equi- distant about 3 kms from the main Bus Station, 4 kms from the City Railway Junction, and 38 kms from the nearest Airport at Vagaikulam, Tuticorin. It is well connected with all the neighbouring cities and towns and is easily reachable.
The institution was approved by AICTE and affiliated to Anna University Chennai. The Institution has all necessary requirements such as infrastructure, Lab facilities which includes Physics, Chemistry and basic Engineering labs, Library and Playgrounds. All the students at FXEC are given the opportunity to pursue first-rate and advanced technical education regardless of background, gender or financial constraints.
At present the FXEC is accredited by NBA with the sanctioned intake of 780 strength for UG and 246 strength for PG. Six UG programmes are offered which include B.E Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and B.Tech Information Technology. Nine PG Programmes such as M.E Computer Science and Engineering, Network Engineering, Communication Systems, VLSI Design, Power Electronics and Drives, Power System, M.Tech Information Technology, Master of Business Administration and Master of Computer Applications. The current faculty strength is 262 and the student’s strength is 3460.
FXEC has an excellent infrastructure, Well-equipped Laboratories and Workshops, state- of-the-art Computer and IT Centres, Central Library, spacious Auditorium, Indoor Stadium, Play Ground with synthetic court, hygienic Canteen and separate Hostels for Boys and Girls. In our efforts towards academic excellence and growth, we have initiated action to bridge the gap between the institution and industry. We assess the students’ strength and weakness in academics and aptitude and address their needs through various Bridge courses, Certificate courses, Modules on Personality Development, Courses on Life Skills, Courses on Global Competencies and Counselling courses. We use information technology and internet and other visual aids in our teaching methods. You will be glad to know that FXEC has a continuous evaluation system. We conduct Tests & Assignments at knowledge level, Group discussions, Seminars, Quiz at comprehension level and Case studies, Projects, Computer Programming at analytical level.
- The college has been approved by AICTE and Courses are Permanently Affiliated by Anna University-Chennai.
- UGC provides financial assistance to our college under Section 2(f) and declared fit to receive central assistance (UGC grant) under Section 12(B) of UGC Act 1956.
- Our College is ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution.
- FXEC is ranked among One of the top 10 Engineering Colleges in South India and also be graded with ‘A+’ by to all India Engineering Ranking Survey, 2015 conducted by Business & Management Chronicle, a reputed Magazine from the Chronicle Publications Ltd.
- MBA Department has been rated as the Best B School by Business Standard and Business Today.
- More than Rs.1.2 Crore research funding received from different Government Agencies like DST, AICTE, MNRE, ISRO, DRDO etc..
- The college has active MoU with HCL, Sutherland, ICT Academy, EMC2, Trimetric Solutions, CADD Centre and similar leading companies.
- Having with 53 Ph.D Holders, 37 Ph.D Pursuing & 145 Post Graduate Faculty Members.
- 3 Gold Medals and 129 University Rank Holders (2012-2015)
- 100 Mbps with 4G Internet Connectivity
- AICTE Sponsored’ Entrepreneurship Development Cell’
- EMC2 Centre of Excellence for Big Data Analytics and Cloud Computing
- UG Programmes – CSE, ECE, EEE and IT have obtained permanent affiliation by Anna University
- Member of CII and ICTACT for Industry- Institute Interaction
- International Certification programmes in Collaboration with CISCO, AUTO DESK, National Instruments, EMC and Oracle Academy
- Department of CSE has been recognized as Research Centre by Anna University
- Green, Eco Friendly and Wi-Fi Enabled Campus
- Exclusive and High performance computing lab for R&D Activities
- NPTEL, EDUSAT and DELNET facilities available in Central Library
- Active student chapters in IEEE, CSI, ISTE, IET & SAE
- Active Alumni Association and Active Students Clubs
- Best out going student award for meritorious student
- Online digital library with IEEE, ACM, ASME and DELNET subscription
- State of the art of computing facilities with necessary software and open source lab facility.
- 24 hours internet and RO water facility, separate hostel for Boys & Girls and well established cafeteria.
- 550+ Placements in the Academic Year 2015-16
- Staff, Students Ratio 1:12
- Libraries equipped with 34000+ Books and 2000+ Online Journals & 150+ Printed Journals