Industry Institute Interaction Cell (III Cell) has been functioning in the College from 17th September 2014. The function of the Cell is to promote closer interaction between the academic and Industrial fields. Industry Institute Interaction Cell is established to provide closer links with industries. The purpose of the cell is to find out the gap between need of the industry and end product of the institute. The cell is the bridge between the industry, the real world and the institute. Industrial exposure of Faculty is very much helpful to guide students about latest industrial practices. Industries are able to know recent developments and inventions in their fields and implement projects for technologically driven economy.
Objectives of III
• To give industrial exposure to Faculty members and students, thus enabling them to tune their knowledge to cope with the industrial culture
• To assist the Departments in organizing workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the industries
• Encouraging Engineers from industries to visit institution to deliver lectures
• Participation of experts from industries, in curriculum development
• To organize industrial visits for Faculty members and students
• To encourage Faculty members to use their expertise in solving the problems faced by the industries, thus creating opportunity for consultancy
• Industrial testing by Faculty and technician at site, or in laboratory
• To organize in-plant training for the students
• To identify the areas for executive development programmes in the areas of recent technological advances
• To assist the Departments in establishing rapport with industries for taking up mini projects and projects
• To coordinate/ identify industrial partners for proposing ‘Centre for Excellence’.
• To strengthen Alumni relations
• To assist the Training and Placement Division
• Visit of industry executives and practicing engineers to the institute for seeing research work and laboratories
• Memorandum of Understanding between the institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer
• Visiting faculty from industries
• R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries at the institute
Functions of Industry Institution Interaction Cell
a. Industrial Research & Consultancy
• Industrial testing (Proofing & Calibration)
• Sponsored industrial research
• Use of industrial labs by University
• Use of specialized database / lab equipment of University
• Research guidance from industry
• Creation of collaborative labs / testing centre at University
• Joint research publication
• Solutions for field problems
• Analysis & Design problems
• Research fellowship support
• Joint patents
• Creation of industrial chair to support research
b. Continuing Education for Industry
• Short-Term Training Programmes
• Onsite Educational Programmes
• Part time Educational Programmes
• Collaborative Educational Programmes
c. Industry-Institute Exchange
• Visiting faculty from industry
• Training programmes / Short term assignments to the faculty members in industries
• Joint industrial projects for faculty
• Participation of industrial experts in curriculum design
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Francis Xavier Engineering College
Industry Institute Interaction Cell
Healthy interaction between Institutions and Industry is mandatory for growth of any institution. The blooming engineers need the exposure to Industry and understand the Corporate Culture for their Placements in different Multi-National Companies. It is evident that with the advent of globalization and opening up of Indian economy to outside world, competition among the Industries has also become stiff. Industries also need good students who are well aware of industry standards and capable of achieving so. Therefore, there is an urgent need of interaction of industry and academics where academic institutes can prepare students for jobs in multinational companies and industry. For this to become reality, an Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC) is established at Francis Xavier Engineering College. Dr.S.Balaji, Associate Professor is coordinating the Industry Institute Interaction Cell.
The Institute has partnership with the following academies to provide industry oriented training to the students. The academies include:
A Centre of Excellence is created at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering by the EMC Academy through the Academic Alliance partnership. Under this initiative more than 400 students from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering are trained in the emerging technologies of Cloud Computing and Big Data.
129 students from the college have been internationally certified in the area of Cloud Computing and Big Data by EMC.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is associated with the Oracle Academy. Two Staff-members from the Department of CSE Mr.Gopalakrishnan and Mr.T.Samraj Lawrence have undergone the FDP training on Oracle Database Design and Programming with SQL. In turn, the Staff-Members will be providing the training to the students in the forthcoming Semester.
CISCO Academy trains the students on the CISCO CCNA Routing and Switching Concepts. The training is provided by the CISCO Instructor, Mr.G.Aravind Swaminathan from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering Department. The Classes are conducted after the college hours. Under the successful completion of the course, the students are issued Certificate and Congratulation letter from the CISCO Academy.
Francis Xavier Engineering College is an associate member of ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu. Training is provided on the emerging technologies and by the ‘Train the Trainer Model’ the knowledge is disseminated to the student community by the trained Staff-members. 40 staff-members were trained on EMC Cloud Computing and another 40 staff-members were trained in EMC Big Data.
Internationally Certified EMC Professionals Cloud Computing and Big Data
Training Imparted to Staff-Members by EMC Trainer Mr.Shanmugavel
Staff-Members from the Civil Engineering Department have been trained in the area of Auto Desk by the ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu at the Kalasalingam University. The trained staff-members will be providing training to the student community in the forthcoming semester.
The AutoDesk professionals from the Civil Department include:
FX Engineering College has signed a MoU withRead More
Francis Xavier Engineering college's 17th SPORTS DAY wasRead More
ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu, is an initiativeRead More
Allsec Technologies, a world leader in providing servicesRead More
Chennai based MNC Zealous Services came to ourRead More
The Department of Information Technology of Francis XavierRead More
The Department of Management Studies (FXDoMS) of FrancisRead More
Francis Xavier Department of Management studies has organisedRead More
The Inaugural of the DAWN’S SIM’16-17 has beenRead More
MCA department conducted their DAWN SIM 2017 onRead More
Thanks to Placement training team of FX ENGINEERING COLLEGE that helped and encouraged me to crack the INFOVIEW interview process
I take pride in being a student of FX ENGINEERING COLLEGE and now being an employee of a world renowned MNC.
I was able to find a job even before the end of my studies. This is why I would recommend the FX ENGINEERING COLLEGE to anyone who is looking for his bright future
We, in SCAD look at education differently. We don't just cater Knowledge, but we form caliber and character of our students. We want them to become competent, committed, creative and compassionate global leaders.