Maintaining and strengthening the status of Women.
To create awareness of feminine potential.
OBJECTIVES OF WDC:
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To develop the self confidence of Women.
- To guide about Women Welfare Laws.
- To assert the importance of spiritual, economic, social, racial and gender equality.
- To highlight the importance of health and hygiene.
- To directs Women’s role in the society. To develop multidisciplinary approach for the overall personality development.
- To organize seminars, workshops relating to women development.
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non teaching women staff of the College.
- To provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women employees and students, where they can work, study and explore their potential to the fullest.
- Create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- Encourage participation of working in the area of women’s development in the activities of the Cell.
- Organize seminars, workshops for creating general awareness and orientation of students, teachers, and non-teaching staff for their active and sustained participation in the activities of Cell.
- Organize various types of training programmes and create awareness about self-employment schemes for the encouragement of self-reliance among women.
Roles and Functions:
- To encourage involvement through academic, cultural and outreach activities such as talks, seminars, workshops, community action, drama, street theatre, poster-making etc.
- To become a resource centre for women and provide a forum for exchange of ideas.
- To review safety and security measures for female employees and girl students at Francis Xavier Engineering college campus.
- The cell intends to bring girl students to the forefront of different activities in the college by offering various facilities and benefits to them. It provides a platform for the female students to explore their co-curricular abilities.