Library is the soul of any institution. It is a center of acquiring, processing, preserving and disseminating information to the user community with the motto of empowering knowledge, Francis Xavier Engineering College library has well trained staff and well managed library system to enrich the students community with a wide range of academic resources such as books, periodicals, online periodicals, databases, back volumes, CDs/DVDs, project reports, audio / video cassettes, and question bank.
There are three different libraries in the campus with a built in area of more than 5000Square Feethoused comfortably in an air-conditionedComfort. The college resource centre has a good collection of textbooks, reference books, national and international journals, CD's, and videos. As on date, there are about twelve thousand books (including reference books and journals). The library has an on line catalogue and high speed internet facility. Bar code system is implemented and students can borrow books by producing the Library cards.
- The U.G Students will be issued 2 borrowers card respectively
- The library is kept open on all working days from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m, and on Sundays and holidays from 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Books, notebooks and personal belongings are to be left in the wooden rack kept near the library entrance.
- Silence is to be strictly observed in the library.
- The books are to be left on the reading table and they are not to be replaced in the shelves after reading or making reference.
- Books will be lent to students only for a period of 15 days.
- The final year students should return books to the library for obtaining "No dues certificate".
- Borrowing journals/Reference books/Project reports/CDs from the library is not permitted.
- Students are expected to return the borrowed books on or before the due date stamped on the issue label. Books returned after the due date will be charged an overdue charge of Re.1/- per day.
- Books may be returned on all working days. Absence from the institution on any account shall not be an excuse for any delay in returning the books. If the books due falls on a holiday it should be returned the next morning and no fine will be collected.
- Loss of library books shall immediately be reported to the Librarian.
- In case of any loss of a book by any student, the entire cost of the book will be recovered with an additional charge of 50% of the cost of the book towards the replacement of the same.
- Library books are to be used with utmost care and to be returned without any damage. Damaged books shall not be accepted and it has to be replaced.
- The library accepts donations of manuscripts, books, and journals etc., which are found useful to the students.
- Students are not allowed inside the library without their Identity Card including Sundays.
- Book transaction hours: Between 8.00 a.m. and 9.00 a.m., 12.40 p.m. and 1.20 p.m., 4.10.p.m and 6.30 p.m.