MCA is a three year Professional Master's Degree Course in Computer Science. MCA department was designed for the students to meet the growing demand of qualified professionals in the field of IT.
- The department aims to provide a quality learning environment, in terms of inspiring teachers, state of the art facilities, experience sharing and widening the knowledge horizon, interacting with experts from academia and industry, facilitating the student in the process of growth in the Computer Applications field.
- Top level IT companies and consultancy firms like TCS, Wipro, IBM, Oracle etc., offer great job opportunities to a candidate with an MCA degree. In this era of computers the candidates find various opportunities in large corporations having an in – house systems department. They can even approach any IT company as a system developer and for various other roles. MCA students are offered the facility to specialize in various fields in the final year project of their course.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme is a three-year programme with one full semester devoted to the project work. In addition to the core courses in Computer Science, there are also courses from Mathematics, Management and Humanities, which enable the students to acquire the required skills for the successful career. The elective courses offered in the emerging areas give them the opportunity to be in the forefront of technology and applications. Ample stress is given on software principles and practices to help them excel in their profession. Computer Applications is a course designed to teach students how to use the computer as a business and personal tool through the use of applications software. Appropriate software for database management, word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets will be used. Students will also perform activities using integrated software programs. Students will learn to use the Internet, and they will be given assignments in which searching the Internet will be required.
On Completion of the MCA degree the Graduates are expected to(Graduate Attributes)
- Demonstrate the technical knowhow in fields of Engineering, Humanities and Science
- Implement the Creative and Problem Solving skills in various Real time problems
- Design and develop Software to mete out the Customer Requirements
- Designate as a Team member and render efficient skills to climb the hierarchy of an organization
- Understand and dispatch his Professional and Ethical responsibilities
- Pursue and embark a Career in Research
- Develop the individual as Entrepreneur in the software fields as Software Programmer, Software Engineer, Software Architect, Software Developer etc.
- Communicate effectively both in verbal and formal means
- Exhibit skills for a continuous and lifelong learning
- To impart education par-excellence through innovative training, research and development focusing on the industrial requirements making it beneficial to the individuals, industry and the society.
- To achieve professional excellence through high quality innovative teaching and training in computer applications for the development of students who can excel in the present future competitive profession according to the changing needs of the companies with high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- To provide high quality education in the field of computer applications.
- To create computer professionals with proper leadership skills, commitment and moral values
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO)
On completion of the Programme on Master of computer applications, the graduates will become:
- PEO 1 Fundamentals: To excel in problem solving and programming skills in the various computing fields of IT industries
- PEO 2 Application of Basic: To develop the ability to plan, analyze, design, code, test, implement & maintain a software product for real time system
- PEO 3 Interpersonal skills: To promote students capability to set up their own enterprise in various sectors of Computer applications
- PEO 4 Moral and ethical values: To experience the students in finding solutions and developing system based applications for real time problems in various domains involving technical, managerial, economical & social constraints
- PEO 5 Research: To prepare the students to pursue higher studies in computing or related disciplines and to work in the fields of teaching and research.
The Program Outcomes (Pos) are described as per the National Board of Accreditation’s Graduate Attributes (GAs) and listed below
- Pa: Understand and Apply mathematical foundation, computing and domain knowledge for the conceptualization of computing model of problems.
- Pb: Identify, Analyze the computing requirements of a problem and Solve them using computing principles.
- Pc: Design and Evaluate a computer based system, components and process to meet the specific needs of applications
- Pd: Use current techniques and tools necessary for complex computing practices.
- Pe: Use suitable architecture or platform on design and implementation with respect to performance
- Pf: Develop and integrate effectively system based components into user environment.
- Pg: Understand and commit to Cyber regulations and responsibilities in Professional computing practices
- Ph: Recognize the need for and develop the ability to engage in continuous learning as a Computing professional.
- Pi: Apply the understanding of management principles with computing knowledge to manage the projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Pj: Communicate effectively with the computing community as well as society by being able to comprehend effective documentations and presentations.
- Pk: Understand societal, environmental, health, legal, ethical issues within local and global contexts and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional practice.
- Pl: Function effectively in a team environment to accomplish a common goal.
- Pm: Identify opportunities and use innovative ideas to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society.
- Pn: Use knowledge to analyze, interpret the data and synthesis the information to derive valid conclusions using research methods
- Po: Expertise in developing application with required domain knowledge.