The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering marked its efficient starting in the year 2002 for undergraduate studies with highly qualified and dedicated staff members .The Department continues to strive in excellence to produce young technocrats every year with fundamental knowledge in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with leadership qualities and technical skills. With the strength of the dedicated and dynamic faculty, ever supportive management and well motivated students, the Department is fully geared up in its pursuit of attaining excellence in engineering education with ethics. The Department has produced 10 Anna University rank holders in the past 3 years.
- Highly qualified and efficient faculty with excellent research and academic achievements.
- Well equipped laboratories with high end machines to meet the demands of Anna University syllabus and enable students to become proficient.
- Real time projects, paper presentations, seminars, workshops within and outside college and outside.
To be a centre of excellence for technology transformation in the field of electrical and electronics engineering
- To empower the vibrant young leaders with technical skills and knowledge in the field of technology.
- To facilitate the industries to adopt effective solutions in the field of electrical and electronics engineering through consultancy.
- To transform technology for rural needs
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- PEO 1 PROFESSIONALS: To prepare the graduates in gaining engineering knowledge, problem analysis, design, development of complex problem using Morden tools and technology.
- PEO 2 INTELLECTUALS: To train the graduate with a commitment to ethics, social, environmental responsibility and lifelong learning.
- PEO 3 TEAM BUILDERS: To enhance the ability of the graduates in communication, planning, coordinating, and managing projects and persons with efficiency and effectiveness.
The Programme Outcomes (POs) are described as per the National Board of Accreditation’s Graduate Attributes (GAs) and listed below
- PO a. Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization for building engineering models.
- PO b. Problem Analysis: Identify and solve engineering problems reaching conclusions using mathematics and engineering sciences.
- PO c Design/Development of Solutions: Design and develop solutions for engineering problems that meet specified needs.
- PO d. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Conduct investigations of complex problems including design of experiments and analysis to provide valid solutions.
- PO e. Modern Tool Usage: Create and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools for executing engineering activities.
- PO f. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning of the societal, safety issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- PO g. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of engineering solutions in the environment and exhibit the knowledge for sustainable development.
- PO h. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PO i. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PO j. Communication: Communicate effectively to the engineering community and the outside world and also to write effective reports.
- PO k. Project Management and Finance: Understand engineering and management principles and apply them to handle projects in multi disciplinary environments.
- PO l. Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for life-long learning and apply in the context of technological change.