CAMPUS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified manner of behavior inside as well as outside the College campus. They shall abide by the rules and regulations of the College and should act in a way that highlights the discipline and esteem of the College.
- A six day working schedule from Monday to Saturday is followed. Classes are scheduled from 9.00 a.m. to 4.50 p.m. All the students are expected to be seated in the classroom/lab by 8.45 AM.
- All the students are expected to be present in the class well -within time and late comers will not be allowed enter the campus. Late coming will also result in loss of attendance for the corresponding hour and shall be added to the Anna university web portal.
- Students shall rise from their seats when the teacher enters the class room and shall remain standing till the teacher takes her/his seat or they are allowed to sit. Silence shall be observed during class hours.
- Teachers shall be greeted appropriately with "Good Morning Sir/Mam" or "Good Afternoon Sir/Mam" and a " Thank you Sir/Mam" when the teacher leaves the class room.
- No student shall enter or leave the class room when the session is on without the permission of the teacher concerned.
- Students having lab sessions in the FN or AN, have to report to the lab directly in time and they are not expected to go to the class room.
- In the events of student seminars/project presentations etc., it is compulsory that all the students of the concerned class be present for the entire session.
- Students can leave the campus during class hours only after getting a gate pass from the Principal/ HoD, or the Faculty advisor and after making entry in the Gate Register maintained by the gate keeper.
- All students shall leave the classes immediately after the last hour. Students are not to stay back in the class room/lab beyond normal working hours unless there is special permission/special class.
- No students shall wander or gather in verandah, corridor, and staircase etc. Canteen to be visited only during intervals and non working hours. Unauthorized absence from the class will attract disciplinary action.
- All leave applications (Regular & Medical) shall be submitted in time, for sanction by HoD and concerned teachers. Application for medical leave shall be accompanied by valid medical certificates.
- Students shall come to the college in formal shirts tucked into trousers with black belt and black shoes. Hawai type rubber or plastic chappals are not permitted. In addition, lady students traditional salwar with sleeves and no deep neckline. Wearing dupatta is must. Besides those who are in laboratories shall wear their respective lab-coats and shoes.
- All the students shall wear their identity cards, well displayed. Identity badge is a public document and any teaching staff and non teaching staff shall have the right to peruse it. Denial of that alone invites disciplinary action.
- Students cannot avail relaxation in dress code on religious grounds.
- All kinds of tattooing, body piercing, hair styling and costumes that goes against the existing social norms and which could go against the spirit of FXEC academic values will be referred to the discipline committee. All male students are expected to be with well shaved face, neatly trimmed and combed hair. Any dress code violation noticed within the campus initiate further disciplinary actions.
- As per Government rules, students (both day- scholars & hostlers) are not permitted to use vehicles in the College Campus. Day-scholars shall park their vehicles in the designated places near the entrances.
- Students are expected to maintain silence in the academic buildings. Any deviant behavior such as hooting, whistling, loitering etc. will be treated as an instance of indiscipline.
- For independent study, students are expected to use the class rooms, library or the demarcated areas of the academic building and shall not resort to sitting in staircases or circulation areas where they could interfere with the free movement.
- Students are encouraged to make use of the library, common computing facilities and to involve in professional body activities or any program authorized by the college beyond class hours. However under normal circumstances students shall retreat to their hostels or residences by 6.00PM.
- Access to academic buildings beyond the above timing and on holidays without written permission from the concerned HoD will be treated as a case of indiscipline.
- All the students are advised to follow the FXEC Mobile phone policy and bring to the notice of the authorities violations if any.
- Accessing Social Networking Sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc. is prohibited within the college campus, however access to these sites are permitted in hostel building during time slots specified by the hostel wardens.
- Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any waste anywhere in the campus except in the waste baskets kept.
- Consumption of intoxicants / psychotropic substances in any form or smoking or using chewing- gum, panmasala etc. are strictly prohibited.
- It is strongly advised to refrain from activities such as scribbling or noting on walls, door or furniture which could deface the college and destroy the academic ambiance.
- Carefully handle the furniture, equipments, fixtures and appliances of the college and lab.
- Careless handling/misuse of the above could result in personal injuries or damage to property Follow safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations. In the event of damage of property, the responsible students will have to bear the cost of replacement/repair with fine.
- Students are not permitted to arrange any unauthorized celebrations and decorations of any magnitude in the campus.
- Students are not permitted to distribute or display (both physically and electronically) material such as notices, banners, X'mas stars etc. in the campus without the permission of the competent authority.
- Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities available to the optimum levels. This will certainly make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
- Students who intend to represent the college in intercollegiate events shall take prior permission from the concerned head of the department and the selection will be based on parameters such as academic performance, attendance, character, existing academic pressure and competence of the student in the proposed event for participation.
- On duty leave applications will not be entertained beyond 3working days from the actual date of leave under any circumstance. The maximum number of on duty leave admissible is restricted to 10 days per semester.
- During internal examinations of 2 Hr period, students are not allowed to leave the hall within one hour from the beginning of the exam, and students have to occupy the seat 5 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- Appearing in all the internal examinations is mandatory for all the students.
- Political activity in any form is not permitted in the College campus. Unauthorized meetings, propaganda work, processions or fund collections are forbidden within the College, hostels, and outside the college.
- Students shall comply with all the instructions of accompanying staff during industrial visits and educational tours. Any deviant behavior during the college organized programs will attract disciplinary action.
- Harassing juniors, ill treating fellow students or any form of ragging is prohibited and liable to be treated as a criminal offence by the law enforcing agencies as per the directives of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
- Misbehavior towards girl students, use of threat or violence against members of the staff or fellow students will be considered as very serious cases of misconduct.
- Pay fees, mess bills etc. in advance or in time to avoid fines.
- Any violation of the above rules will invite penalty in the form of warning, fine, bringing of parents or any course of corrective measure as found suitable by any staff member or higher authority of the College.
- Expulsion from the College is enough for expulsion from the hostel.
- In case of any instance of noncompliance of existing rules or any observed matter/behavior that violates the code of conduct of FXEC, all the staff members are empowered to initiate disciplinary procedure by filling in a standard form which in turn may lead to the constitution of an enquiry committee and further proceedings.
Mobile Phone Policy : Introduction
The purpose of this policy is to establish clear cut guidelines regarding the usage of mobile phones inside the campus. This policy is applicable to all those who enter the campus.
Mobile Phone Policy
Students are not permitted to use mobile phones within the campus.